Re: Hashtags #Group

rventura.57@...

Hi Adam.
More work you’ve done for the group. Do you ever sleep? :)
Can you tell us what you mean by being careful about our use of hashtags in the topic line. What issues do they cause? Should we just avoid them?
And thanks to you I learned a new word today - octothorpe. I’ll have to look up the etymology. Thanks.

Regards
Ron Ventura

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 at 1:56 am, Adam Richards <adamjmrichards@...> wrote:
I have gone through this years set of posts and "hash-tagged" the subjects with broad categories like "#Bug" or "#New" or "#Files".

The purpose of hashtags in groups.io is to enable filtering. You can view the group via the #hashtags "button" on the LHS, and you can restrict the Search to use them. Let us know if you find them helpful.

Meanwhile If you can remember to be careful about using the octothorpe aka hash -> symbol "#" in the subject/topic line, that will reduce the amount of clean-up needed.

Thanks,

Regards

Ron Ventura