Re: Exporting image files #HowTo #dxf

Russ Bonny

This has always been a tricky and frustrating feature of XTrackCAD. Saving to PDF only helps if the application you want to do more editing in can open PDF files. My preference for this type of work is GIMP - it's does 90% of what Photoshop can and it's free.

There is always a way to get the output you expect with Export to Bitmap, but it takes a lot of trial and error manipulation of the output file dpi and some settings in Options > Display and Options > Preferences > Min. Grid Spacing. There is no documentary guidance, so all you can do is tweak settings, export, repeat until you get the result you want.

I do export one layer at a time, so they can be edited manipulated independently in the editing software.