Re: Exporting image files #HowTo #dxf

Ian

For many years i have exported my layout files as Very Large BMPs and dropped them down to a usable size by converting them to a JPG or even a PNG. Both are suitable.
I don't recall ever having a problem with the definition of the BMP. I  mean, in graphic terms it has everything that appears on your layout, every BIT of it ;)

My graphic tool of choice has for many years been XNView and I have exported countless layout images over the years.

On Sat, 25 Jan. 2020, 5:42 am Radgoate via Groups.Io, <radgoate=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
I wouldn’t class a BMP as being inferior....

In fact, a BMP is more ‘pure’ than almost any other format. I often use them when I want faithful, hi-def images - which for the output from XTrackCad seems spot-on - as most other formats, whilst taking less storage, are distorted....