From: "Rob's FSRR" <robert.finni@gmail.com>
To: main@xtrackcad.groups.io
Sent: 18-Feb-20 1:25:47 PM
Subject: Re: [xtrackcad] Best Practices #HowTo

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the info. Your explanation of the change in elevation makes sense. I'll go ahead and start adding the track as suggested. Will be interring to see what that grade really is. It could very well be cog-railway like, but I don't think it's that steep. As for the track length gap because of grade changes, except for the switches and bridges, it appears that flex-track was used throughout the layout and not sectional track. That should compensate for the gap.

I'll have to think a bit if I want to carve off some of the elevations to separate layers. Especially if I continue to expand off that same level, it may make sense to do that. I'll definitely do a separate layer for the wiring. Besides track & wiring, how else are layers used, or is it really up to the planners discretion?

As for the PowerBase, I think that's awesome. Hadn't heard of that before. Unfortunately, since the track is already down, I would need to rip up what's there to install that. Definitely will keep that in mind for future work.

Thanks, again,

Rob