Re: Hot bar usage #HowTo

Adam Richards

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 7:11 PM, Ian <ilox11@...> wrote:
Adam, I was right - if I understand the concept of Drag and drop from the Hotbar then we had it and we still have it so now I am way past confused. Can you bring some clarity, please?

11 October 2020 - Isn't this Drag-n-drop? - Watch Video

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 at 10:48, Ian via groups.io <ilox11=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks Adam. I was sure that we used to have drag-n-drop but appreciate the quick-torial on the right usage.

On Sun, 11 Oct. 2020, 7:39 am Adam Richards, <adamjmrichards@...> wrote:

The HotBar does not support drag and drop (never has). Reasons are complex and besides the point right now.

How to use it -
- Select an object in the bar.  (Left-Click and release) <the selected item is boxed in Grey>
-Move cursor to the Layout (you can drag here but it doesn’t do anything which is why you are confused).
- Left-Click again on the surface <the cloned object appears in red>
- You can now left-click and drag to reposition the object.
- Right-click and drag rotates the object
- Shift and left-click for a turnout selects a different endpoint to snap into other track
- To accept the object hit Space <object drawn normally>

- Another left click on the layout adds another clone.
- Esc rejects the selected object and resets the command so no objects are selected.

incidentally you can also add using the Add->Turnout window, which you might find more natural and gives you a visual of which endpoint is selected.

in Train mode,  the “click to select”, “move cursor”, “click and drag to place” works the same way for Cars.

Hope that helps.

-- Ian