Re: V5.2 Migration - weird messages about a jpg #Bug

Gavin Dewar

The "weird jpg" was just a screen stip I took of the error message which I had inclluded in my email to Adam.

I initially found the problem appeared to be a fault in a "custom turnout" I had setup
a number of years ago - a return loop with a couple of points included.
When I edited the parameters file to remove it - the original problem disappeared

But then I found I still had problems when saving in Version 5-2-0 GA
 and then getting errors when reloading the file, with only part of the layout being displayed.

After a lot of to & froing between 5-2-0 & 5-1-2a

        - Removing various layers & individual items:

a) Load original in 5-1 - remove layers/items & save with new name.
b) Load into 5-2 - looks fine - Save from  5-2
         Realised after a bit 5-2 crashed out immediately after saving ( or was it part through ?)
c) Load again into 5-2 - gives loads of error messages & eventually
                only loads part of the layout.

I seem to have narrowed the problem to embedded "Draw - Note - Comment" containers.

  When I remove the four of these I had in two layers, then the new version now works
     for me with no problem.