Re: Saving layout files #HowTo #Bug

scenicsRme

Adam, Count me as one who would like "save as..." to work like many other programs where it asks you what name and where you want it saved to, then makes a copy to the named directory not to the current work directory, and it does not overwrite the name of the current layout or change it in any other way. I often want to do "what if" changes to my layout in the save as... file without changing the original file so I can compare the two versions. I really dislike the way it works presently as I have to save the file to be sure to include the most recent changes, go into my file manager|working directory find the current file and make a copy to a different directory, rename that copy i.e. my layout.test revision1 and then open that copy. A tedious workaround exercise fraught with possible errors at best.