Re: JMRI #jmri

Adam Richards

Steve,
Can you explain what aspects of operation you would wish to perform?

The Train mode we have today allows you to run multiple trains but will not simulate a control panel exactly (for example you can’t simulate route setting rather than individual turnouts).

We also don’t have operational Signals or Blocks (yet) and unlike JMRI you can’t form Routes or Automate the Train operation.

So what we have allows simulation of manual operation as loco drivers, with all the ability to shunt and make consists but not the signal operator perspective that is sometimes seem (especially in the UK) or a fully automated timetable.

Adam

On Saturday, May 1, 2021, Steve Hayes <HAYESWP@...> wrote:
Thanks we will see what we can come up with.. Have the railroad complete and cars set out. Just have to see how we can operate as I do with the real (  layout ) railroad
WP Steve

On 5/1/2021 4:30 PM, Adam Richards wrote:
Steve,
There is an XTrkCAD layout to JMRI importer to build JMRI Panels.  It is available from the JMRI distro. This takes the track and produces a panel from it.

Don't know of an importer for JMRI definitions, but it could be done as both sides publish file format standards.  I would be surprised if JMRI has non-power "car" definitions (passenger or freight) though as it is mainly concerned with controllable objects (powered ones with decoders).

http://steveswplayout.hayeswp.com
www.WesternPacificDepotsAndStations.com