Re: JMRI #jmri

Robert Heller

At Sat, 1 May 2021 18:55:58 -0700 main@xtrackcad.groups.io wrote:

Steve,
Can you explain what aspects of operation you would wish to perform?

The Train mode we have today allows you to run multiple trains but will not
simulate a control panel exactly (for example you can’t simulate route
setting rather than individual turnouts).

We also don’t have operational Signals or Blocks (yet) and unlike JMRI you
can’t form Routes or Automate the Train operation.

So what we have allows simulation of manual operation as loco drivers, with
all the ability to shunt and make consists but not the signal operator
perspective that is sometimes seem (especially in the UK) or a fully
automated timetable.
The Model RR System has a parser that can parse XTrackCAD files, including the
layout control objects (blocks, switch motors, signals, etc.) and use that
info to help create dispatcher panels that are LCC aware.

Adam

On Saturday, May 1, 2021, Steve Hayes <HAYESWP@hotmail.com> wrote:

Thanks we will see what we can come up with.. Have the railroad complete
and cars set out. Just have to see how we can operate as I do with the real
( layout ) railroad
WP Steve

On 5/1/2021 4:30 PM, Adam Richards wrote:

Steve,
There is an XTrkCAD layout to JMRI importer to build JMRI Panels. It is
available from the JMRI distro. This takes the track and produces a panel
from it.

Don't know of an importer for JMRI definitions, but it could be done as
both sides publish file format standards. I would be surprised if JMRI has
non-power "car" definitions (passenger or freight) though as it is mainly
concerned with controllable objects (powered ones with decoders).

Adam

-- http://steveswplayout.hayeswp.comwww.WesternPacificDepotsAndStations.com

--
Robert Heller -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364
Deepwoods Software -- Custom Software Services