Topics

Flex Track #New

From  Split Command Topic by Nick

I find I use it frequently when planning reverse curves using flexible track.

Nick,
Another V5.2 shameless plug is that when track pins are added to a Flex/Cornu Track to define constraints on its shape by forcing it to pass through the track pin point, those points become splits in the Track when you accept the track after Modify. Then when you re-Modify, the splits between adjacent Cornu Tracks become track pins again so you can reposition them and the whole shape reacts to any movements in pins or changes in end conditions (position, angle and radius).

So you are doing exactly the same when you Split the track to define a reverse curve pre-V5.2, you just don't have the round-trip support for going back and being able to Modify the entire pre-split Track and adjust splits, remove splits, etc. And the track does not "flow" past the split point in Modify when the shape or end conditions change as it will in the next release.  A bonus of this arrangement will be that your V5.1 hand-split Cornu curves will be instantly re-editable like this - no need to redo them.

Adam

Nick

I shall have to try that Adam. Thanks.

The other use I’ve been making of them recently, which you also mentioned is in dealing with gradients where I want to use calculated points to test clearances.

Nick

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 at 14:54, Adam Richards <adamjmrichards@...> wrote:
[...]

Nick Meredith
nick.meredith@...