Topics

5.2.1GA layers issue. #Bug #V5dot2dot1

Neil D

Hey folks, 

Strange issue. I'm using about 12 layers on my current design. However when I try to change the default layer from Layer 1 to any other layer that has content, I get the following error. 

"No layer was found that has no contents, so the module can not be imported"

I can display my other layers, but it will only let Layer 1 be the default. I cannot change it to another layer. 

Thoughts? 

Thx! 

Adam Richards

Do any of the layers involved have “module” set on? 

Does this apply to changing the layer with the layer buttons or the current layer in the toolbar?

it would be helpful to see the layout file as well.

Adam

Adam Richards

Looking at the code, we have a bug that I just introduced, that's also driving a bad message for the circumstance. 

The code was trying to make sure that we are picking an unfrozen layer and if not, setting the layer to 0 and making it unfrozen. It has the wrong error message - and anyway it is a bad code test. 

So currently it looks like we can't pick a different layer, I'm afraid - the UI will look like it is a different layer, but the code will insist on it being layer 0. 

Testing a patch now - looks like we will need a quickfix. 

Apologies, and well spotted! 

Adam

Neil D

Thanks for the response Adam. Glad to hear you have identified the cause. Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Been driving all day. 

Thanks!
Neil

hardman.keith

Do you have an update on the patch?

Adam Richards

Dave just uploaded a 5.1.2a to sourceforge that has the fix in it. I'll add some publicity. 

Adam

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 5:56 AM hardman.keith <hardman.keith@...> wrote:
Do you have an update on the patch?

--
Adam Richards