Using xtrkcad with RHEL #rhel #linux

Frank <fbicknel@...>

on RHEL7.3, I had this problem crop up after installation:

xtrkcad: error while loading shared libraries: libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried a few symlink solutions, but none worked. I still think there may be one I just didn't stumble into it.

What did work, however:

$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64/gnucash
$ xtrkcad
Hope this helps someone.

Martin Fischer

Frank,

which version of XTrackCAD did you install? I think we removed the dependency on libwebkitgtk with 5.1?

Regards
Martin

Am 27.01.2020 um 21:14 schrieb Frank <fbicknel@...>:

on RHEL7.3, I had this problem crop up after installation:

xtrkcad: error while loading shared libraries: libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried a few symlink solutions, but none worked. I still think there may be one I just didn't stumble into it.

What did work, however:

$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64/gnucash
$ xtrkcad
Hope this helps someone.

Frank <fbicknel@...>

xtrkcad-5.1.2a-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
Frank Bicknell
about.me/fbicknel Schedule time with me!

Martin Fischer

Frank,

el6 is a package that Robert Heller maintains as third party. So maybe he can comment on that.

Regards,
Martin