Topics

Announcing the V5.2.0 Beta 2.0 #v5dot2

Adam Richards

We have just released the V5.2.0 Beta 2.0 to SourceForge. https://sourceforge.net/projects/xtrkcad-fork/files/XTrackCad/Version%205.2.0%20Beta%202.0/

This Beta addresses nearly all of the reported Bugs and many of the Feature Requests made since Beta 1.0 was released. Thanks to all our Beta Testers who bravely tried out Beta 1.0 !!

Important Bugs -
  • Bug #330 Use 3 decimal points in rotate angle
  • Bug #331 Correct Custom File Append Message
  • Bug #338 Correct Ruler Text size
  • Linetype changing doesn't change line width
  • Bug #332 Lowercase names in .xtp
  • Bug #339 Grades for 2 ended sectional track
  • Bug #340 Bezier Tracks open properly
  • Dragging in Profile Window fixed
  • Draw Objects remember linetype when saved/restored
  • Zoom Up/Down will stay on same center unless constrain drawing area to room boundaries is set
  • Correct icons for xte and xtc in Windows
  • Windows size opening fixes
  • Filled Draw copies now work
  • Stop Hangs on Linux startup
  • Linewidth correct in xpms
  • Elevation Points for clearances cleaned up
  • Convert Fixed->Cornu cleanup
  • Bug #345 Fix paths in some Turnouts
  • Respect parmdir setting in configuration file
  • Bug #348 Fix Demo
  • Bug #349 Fix inaccessible track segments
  • Bug #346 Fix layout file ends for Signal and Block
  • Bug #351 Fix loading layout with Cars off tracks
  • Bug #354 MultiLine Notes
  • Correct Undo when Cars are moved/rotated
  • Fix redraw of >20 elements in move/rotate
  • Ensure webkitgtk only required if not using browser/MacHelp for help
  • Fix mapD scale at startup, allow Map to be larger than 1/2 screen
  • Fix Turnout Trim with Split and Shift
  • Hotbar copes with large track objects (e.g., Turntables)
  • Make sure upper tracks are selected ahead of lower ones
  • Shift to suppress track end joins when drawing overlay tracks fix
  • Fix Curve from Chord anchors to change color
  • Better sized Split and Connect Anchors at large scales
  • Windows PanHere fix with "c"
  • Fix Map Window Resize function on GTK
  • Fix Turnout placement on Cornus with Pins and other issues
  • Fix Cornu Pin editing to insert in correct place and allow select and delete to work reliably

Added and changed parameter files -
  • N-Tomix Track improvements
  • Cleanup double track pieces
  • Micro-Engineering track improvements
  • HO-Endo and Atlas controllers

Added Features -
  • Two new line styles: Center Dot and Phantom Dot
  • Preference option to suppress Flex Track item in HotBar
  • Pan via is now supported in Select Mode using either
    • Shift+Mousewheel Up/Down (often mapped to two fingers on a trackpad) and
    • either Shift+ScrollLeft/ScrollRight or Shift+HorizontalWheel or Shift+Ctrl MouseWheel Up/Down for left/right
    • instead of Shift, the Middle Mouse button can also be used.
  • Added a Parameter File Reload Button to force a reload of a param file with latest contents
  • Multi Keyword search on Parameter Library files
  • Shortcuts "c" to Pan to Center and "e" to Pan to extents (full layout) and "0" or "o" Pan to include Origin in Select and Pan mode
  • There is now a configurable option in the configuration file to set Icon Button sizes to scale between 1.0x and 2.0x
  • The Parallel Lines can now can parallel other lines as well as tracks - this allows features such as roads to be more easily constructed
  • Describe has angles for curved line objects
  • For Join when not using Cornu easements, there is a desired radius entry field that will enable a precise radius to be set for the joining track - a prompt will appear as the end is dragged and the result will snap to that radius
  • There is now an Auto-save setting which will save every xx checkpoints. Checkpoints between saves are backed up.
  • Edge layout rulers are no suppressed id they are close to the drawing area edges
  • There is an option to constrain drawing area to room boundaries on zoom which replaces the "keep origin in view on Zoom" setting
  • Both Describe and non-Cornu Join gain new Anchors to show where clicks will result in ends being picked
  • Splitting Turnouts using Shift in Split is now supported with split anchors
  • Placing of Turnouts is now improved by ensuring the Track picked is the one closest to the front at the initial position and that the placement moves along that track if close and isn't distracted by other tracks as it is moved

As always, this is still a Beta, so there will be bugs.  Our aim though, unless we have major issues, will be to move to Full Release V5.2 after a period of testing this Beta.

Enjoy!

Dave, Martin and Adam

Joost van der Waa

Hi Adam,

Of course I downloaded and installed it right away :-)
However, when installing Windows complains that the install is not secure. You can continue, but then it shows why: there is no publisher in the install. I guess you have to register Xtrkcad somehow at Microsoft to get this solved. Unluckily I am no expert on this :-(

Kind regards,

Joost

On 19-7-2020 14:31, Adam Richards wrote:
[...]

this is the dilemma for all freeware publishers at the moment. Apple and Microsoft want us to register as businesses and pay to join their “clubs”. In order to prove that we are non-profit, we have to be registered as a business with the relevant authorities.

We get why they want it, our problem is that not only the club cost is high x2, but the formal registration of an organization that is effectively an amorphous group of volunteers is both costly and likely to end in a disaster.

I have been a board member of an organization where a former webmaster refuses to cede control of the domain, for example, and persists in hosting a version of it now 5 years old.  He claims it as is IP and moved its hosting offshore to evade authorities. This is all for a Welsh Society home page!!

So, for now, as long as folks are comfortable and the authorities allow, we will continue to not be members of the club.

Adam

scenicsRme

Downloaded and installed the windows version (against all the dire warnings and barricades Pappa Gates put up...) It installed and opened fine. Now how do I draw a line parallel to a length of track or to another line and how do I change the line type?