Topics

Beta 2 Hints and Tips - Icon Size #HowTo #v5dot2

Adam Richards

In Beta 2 we have added a configuration parameter to set Icon Size. If you go to the working directory
  • On Mac/Linux, Finder->Go->Go To Folder ->"~/.xtrkcad" look for file xtrkcad.rc
  • on Windows it is \AppData\Roaming\XTrkCad\ look for file xtrkcad.ini
Add (or modify) an entry in Mac/Linux for
Preference.LargeIcons: 1.5
In Windows it is these two lines
[Preference]
LargeIcons=1.5

Joost van der Waa

Hi Adam,

I tested the icon size parameter, but you have to use the decimal indicator as set in Windows.
For me (as a Dutchman), the separator is a comma, so 1,5 will work, 1.5 just ends up in 1x size

Joost

On 23-7-2020 11:21, Adam Richards wrote:
In Beta 2 we have added a configuration parameter to set Icon Size. If you go to the working directory
  • On Mac/Linux, Finder->Go->Go To Folder ->"~/.xtrkcad" look for file xtrkcad.rc
  • on Windows it is \AppData\Roaming\XTrkCad\ look for file xtrkcad.ini
Add (or modify) an entry in Mac/Linux for
Preference.LargeIcons: 1.5
In Windows it is these two lines
[Preference]
LargeIcons=1.5

Yup - makes sense - will need to document

Thanks,
Adam

Joost van der Waa

Actually, inside the program I now see that the comma is used too, never realized that (I guess I have been entering integers only).
So yes, it is consistent, but it might be confusing.

Dwyane Ward

Adam,

For me on Win 10 and having an existing ini.

I had to manually add the following lines for this feature to work.
[Preference]
LargeIcons=1.5
Dwyane

--