Topics

Bridge - xtrackcad V5.2.0 Beta 2.0 #Bug #v5dot2

Jacques

Hello,
Did I make a mistake?
When I use the new "Bridge" function, it is not saved when the file is reopened.

Regards,

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

--
Jacques

Adam Richards

Jacques,

Beta 2 or Beta 1?

Looks like that track also has No-Ties set - so it remembered that -> which is a very related track "bit".  

I just tested and it is working for me on Beta 2 with both bridge and no-ties.

Was this bridge a recent change you made?  Did you Save before Closing?  And what is your checkpoint frequency set to? 

Adam

Jacques

Adam,

This is beta 2 (specified in the subject of the email).
I executed the whole drawing at once, to test the functions of the "Edit" menu, while I'm translating the new "XTrkCAD.chm" file ...
Yes, I saved before quitting.
"Check Point Frequency" = 0
"Autosave Checkpoint Frequency" = 2
I haven't touched the presets since the installation.

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

Le 23/07/2020 à 16:44, Adam Richards a écrit :

Jacques,

Beta 2 or Beta 1?

Looks like that track also has No-Ties set - so it remembered that -> which is a very related track "bit".  

I just tested and it is working for me on Beta 2 with both bridge and no-ties.

Was this bridge a recent change you made?  Did you Save before Closing?  And what is your checkpoint frequency set to? 

Adam

--
Jacques

Adam Richards

Can you share the layout file, please?

Adam

Jacques

Adam,

This is the zipped ".xtc" file.

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

Le 23/07/2020 à 18:29, Adam Richards a écrit :

Can you share the layout file, please?

Adam

--
Jacques

Adam Richards

Well, the file was written without the bridge bit being set - so we know that any issue was with what was written rather than read.

Is this consistent for you, because I can't reproduce?  Here are some things to try. 

1) Start from a new layout and create a curve, a bezier curve, a straight and a cornu and make each of them bridges and no-ties.
2) Save the layout. 
3) Using a text editor look at the number immediately after the scale (HO) for each track.
It should be 8+4+2 = 14. Bridge+NoTies+Visible. 

Something to consider is that Bridge gets reset if a track becomes Hidden - which would mean if it gets Hidden and then unHidden Bridge would vanish. Currently Noties does not follow suit, but I have made a change to make sure it gets reset also.

Adam

Jacques

Adam,

Interesting!
With a Bezier curve or a Cornu spiral, it works!
BEZIER 2 0 0 0 0.000000 HO 14 ...
CORNU 4 0 0 0 0 HO 14 ...
But with M??rklin M HO track segments, it doesn't work:
TURNOUT 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 HO 6 ...
TURNOUT 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 HO 6 ...
Question: Why is a curved track segment and a straight track segment marked "turnout"???

Parameter files : "M??rklin M-Track HO Scale"

If I edit by hand with a text editor, replacing "6" by "14", it works ...

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

Le 24/07/2020 ?? 14:08, Adam Richards a ??crit??:

Well, the file was written without the bridge bit being set - so we know that any issue was with what was written rather than read.

Is this consistent for you, because I can't reproduce??? Here are some things to try.??

1) Start from a new layout and create a curve, a bezier curve, a straight and a cornu and make each of them bridges and no-ties.
2) Save the layout.??
3) Using a text editor look at the number immediately after the scale (HO) for each track.
It should be 8+4+2 = 14. Bridge+NoTies+Visible.??

Something to consider is that Bridge gets reset if a track becomes Hidden - which would mean if it gets Hidden and then unHidden Bridge would vanish. Currently Noties does not follow suit, but I have made a change to make sure it gets reset also.

Adam

--
Jacques

Adam Richards

Right - now we are onto something.  Each tracktype has its own write routine.   And WriteCompound() - as used by Turnouts lacked the Bridge Bit setting.

Fix pushed. 

To answer your question - Fixed track segments are all "Turnouts" to XTrkCAD - in that they are really Groups (aka Compounds) with included track. If there was no track they would be "Structures". In this case, it is a very simple Turnout with only one path.  

Adam

Jacques

Thanks Adam!
...and thank you for the explanation.

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

Le 24/07/2020 à 15:13, Adam Richards a écrit :

Right - now we are onto something.  Each tracktype has its own write routine.   And WriteCompound() - as used by Turnouts lacked the Bridge Bit setting.

Fix pushed. 

To answer your question - Fixed track segments are all "Turnouts" to XTrkCAD - in that they are really Groups (aka Compounds) with included track. If there was no track they would be "Structures". In this case, it is a very simple Turnout with only one path.  

Adam

--
Jacques