Topics

Bridge - xtrackcad V5.2.0 Beta 2.0 #Bug #v5dot2

Jacques

Hello,
Did I make a mistake?
When I use the new "Bridge" function, it is not saved when the file is reopened.

Regards,

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

--
Jacques

Adam Richards

Jacques,

Beta 2 or Beta 1?

Looks like that track also has No-Ties set - so it remembered that -> which is a very related track "bit".

I just tested and it is working for me on Beta 2 with both bridge and no-ties.

Was this bridge a recent change you made?  Did you Save before Closing?  And what is your checkpoint frequency set to?

Adam

Jacques

Adam,

This is beta 2 (specified in the subject of the email).
I executed the whole drawing at once, to test the functions of the "Edit" menu, while I'm translating the new "XTrkCAD.chm" file ...
Yes, I saved before quitting.
"Check Point Frequency" = 0
"Autosave Checkpoint Frequency" = 2
I haven't touched the presets since the installation.

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

Le 23/07/2020 à 16:44, Adam Richards a écrit :

Jacques,

Beta 2 or Beta 1?

Looks like that track also has No-Ties set - so it remembered that -> which is a very related track "bit".

I just tested and it is working for me on Beta 2 with both bridge and no-ties.

Was this bridge a recent change you made?  Did you Save before Closing?  And what is your checkpoint frequency set to?

Jacques

Adam Richards

Can you share the layout file, please?

Adam

Jacques

Adam,

This is the zipped ".xtc" file.

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

Le 23/07/2020 à 18:29, Adam Richards a écrit :

Can you share the layout file, please?

Jacques

Adam Richards

Well, the file was written without the bridge bit being set - so we know that any issue was with what was written rather than read.

Is this consistent for you, because I can't reproduce?  Here are some things to try.

1) Start from a new layout and create a curve, a bezier curve, a straight and a cornu and make each of them bridges and no-ties.
2) Save the layout.
3) Using a text editor look at the number immediately after the scale (HO) for each track.
It should be 8+4+2 = 14. Bridge+NoTies+Visible.

Something to consider is that Bridge gets reset if a track becomes Hidden - which would mean if it gets Hidden and then unHidden Bridge would vanish. Currently Noties does not follow suit, but I have made a change to make sure it gets reset also.

Adam

Jacques

Adam,

Interesting!
With a Bezier curve or a Cornu spiral, it works!
BEZIER 2 0 0 0 0.000000 HO 14 ...
CORNU 4 0 0 0 0 HO 14 ...
But with M??rklin M HO track segments, it doesn't work:
TURNOUT 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 HO 6 ...
TURNOUT 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 HO 6 ...
Question: Why is a curved track segment and a straight track segment marked "turnout"???

Parameter files : "M??rklin M-Track HO Scale"

If I edit by hand with a text editor, replacing "6" by "14", it works ...

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

Le 24/07/2020 ?? 14:08, Adam Richards a ??crit??:

Well, the file was written without the bridge bit being set - so we know that any issue was with what was written rather than read.

Is this consistent for you, because I can't reproduce??? Here are some things to try.??

1) Start from a new layout and create a curve, a bezier curve, a straight and a cornu and make each of them bridges and no-ties.
2) Save the layout.??
3) Using a text editor look at the number immediately after the scale (HO) for each track.
It should be 8+4+2 = 14. Bridge+NoTies+Visible.??

Something to consider is that Bridge gets reset if a track becomes Hidden - which would mean if it gets Hidden and then unHidden Bridge would vanish. Currently Noties does not follow suit, but I have made a change to make sure it gets reset also.

Jacques

Adam Richards

Right - now we are onto something.  Each tracktype has its own write routine.   And WriteCompound() - as used by Turnouts lacked the Bridge Bit setting.

Fix pushed.

To answer your question - Fixed track segments are all "Turnouts" to XTrkCAD - in that they are really Groups (aka Compounds) with included track. If there was no track they would be "Structures". In this case, it is a very simple Turnout with only one path.

Adam

Jacques

Thanks Adam!
...and thank you for the explanation.