Maximum and Minimum Radius #HowTo

twfavor@...

Hello again, What are the largest radius's that a 4" wide and 6" wide can handle?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Chris Kenyon

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, but if you are thinking of two 4" or 6" shelves meeting in the corner of a room, and you want a 90 degree turn in that corner, then with the track straight centrelines 1.5" in from the outside edges of the shelves, the max radii are around 8.5" using 4" shelves and 15" for 6" shelves.  Depending on scale, you might be able to move the straight tracks out a bit further and gain up to an inch in each case.

scenicsRme

HUH? Question doesn't make sense, would need more detail to give an answer.

twfavor@...

OK, lets try this again. I'm designing a track layout on a 4' x 6' panel and wanted to know what the largest track curve the 4' end width will accommodate. The reason for this question is I keep getting thin red curved lines no matter what smaller curve is inputted even an 18" curve shows this red line when I attempt to do a point to point junction. I think there's something wrong in the setup to constantly set thin red lines instead of track, but I have no idea what.
Help?

Tom Fetherston

I believe it means the track you are drawing is sharper than the minimum radius setting in layout options. To set this go to the menu item options->layout and you will see a setting for min track radius.