Curve Exception Color #HowTo

twfavor@...

To all who responded to my track curve maximum on the 4' x 6' panel question. Still getting the thin red lines even with a 18" minimum radius set in the layout screen.
 I'll get this figured out though.

Adam Richards

Track colors - each one overrides in this order.

1. Normal Track Color. Options->Colors->Normal Track (default black) and Options->Color->Track Ties (if ties shown at that zoom).
2. Color by Layer -> color is set by layer color
- Options->Display->Color Track=Layer plus Manage->Layers->Use Color
3. Exception Tracks -> color is set in Options->Colors->Exception Track
- Less than "minimum" radius - Options->Layout->Min Track Radius. Note that this is the minimum radius - for a Cornu or Bezier Track, there can be just a small section in the track that is below this radius.
- Bigger than "maximum" grade - Options->Layout->Max Track Grade
4. Select prompting.
- When a track will be selected with click -> blue
- When a track will be unselected with click -> yellow
- When a track is already selected and is being hovered over -> (no change if click) -> Options->Color->Selected Track (default red)

Adam

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 6:59 PM twfavor via groups.io <twfavor=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
To all who responded to my track curve maximum on the 4' x 6' panel question. Still getting the thin red lines even with a 18" minimum radius set in the layout screen.
 I'll get this figured out though.

scenicsRme

Adam, From what I can tell and observe, the program seems to work differently than your explanation of the minimum radius: Options -> Layout -> minimum radius... The value in the box seems to have no affect on the drawing of a new cornu or bezier track or on modifying same. It is very happy to draw a curve for you that is well under the minimum radius value. It only seems to affect triggering an exception color after accepting the curve (->Enter)???

Adam Richards

Yes - it is not a limit - it just highlights if the limit is exceeded.  That’s true if you draw or use any type of curve. The distinction is that bezier and Cornu are compounds rather than fixed radius and so if any part is an exception the entire curve will be colored as one (even the non-exception parts).

Adam