Photo of current proposed track plan W/Ofull 6' x 4' panel shown #HowTo

twfavor@...

photo of proposed layout w/o full 6' x 4' (B) panel, missing 2' x 4' at top.

Ian

Looks good. When you want to see your full layout in an image outside of XTrkCAD save your work then go to File then click Export. That will create a large PNG file of all the visible layers of your design. If you want it in more detail change the parameters in the next box to make a larger image. If you make it too large you might trigger a message about creating a large file. Just accept. This dates back to when storage was a problem, the created files are not that big.
Then you will be asked for the filename of your image.
I start all my XTrkCAD filenames off with the date in International form, YYYY-MMDD another hyphen then the HHMM in 24 hour click, then a quick description of what progress you have made.
Eg. 2021-0527-1528 layout with larger curves added
That way you quickly know what stage you were at when you created the file. It makes it so much easier when you go back to check an earlier version.
I use the same filename protocol for the image files so I can do a quick visual check then open the corresponding layout.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your Railway Empire.

On Fri, 28 May 2021, 08:38 twfavor via groups.io, <twfavor=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
photo of proposed layout w/o full 6' x 4' (B) panel, missing 2' x 4' at top.

Neil D

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 08:08 PM, Ian wrote:
When you want to see your full layout in an image outside of XTrkCAD save your work then go to File then click Export
Thanks for the reminder about the Export option. I always forget that one and usually just take sceenshots. The exports creates a much better image.

Ian

Glad to help.