A quick tutorial on drawing a line to fit within a piece of track.

Ian

A quick tutorial on drawing a line to fit within a piece of track. Recorded on Loom so there is a 5-minute maximum length. Feel very free to comment or ask questions.
Also, feel free to ask for other Tutorials on using XTrkCAD.

https://youtu.be/Tze9uDBdqrU

--
-- Ian

Adam Richards

Ian,
Thanks, this illustrates using Describe well.

You may find it slightly simpler to use the "Parallel Line" (new in V5.2) command with offset set to zero, though.  The track center line is the points offset from (if the target is a line, it is the center of that line, allowing for repeated parallel lines). This command supports exotics like Cornu and Bezier by creating polylines as well as simple Arcs and Lines. I originally intended it for use with platform edges, retaining walls and viaduct parapets, but center lines are also possible.

Cool, I think you may have said that at some time. I will have to try that out and do up a quick update. Would sure be a lot easier on me.