Topics

Beta 5.22 Why did this line go wrong when trying to fix it?

Ian

Umm, Adam or any other of the Design Team... I was just showing a fix for putting this line back into place and it went all over the place. I would really like to know what is going wrong. Probably not a beta problem, but I simply don't know.
So here is a video of what I was trying to do:  https://www.loom.com/share/c354a202e0ed4cb5b94cb1db0ccf02de
And I have attached the XTC and the Ini files.
--
-- Ian

Russell Shilling

One thing I saw was you left an "m" after end point 2 X, which I assume would get interpreted as meters. The lock is on the middle, so that is what blew the line out.

--
Russell Shilling
http://shilling-or.com

Joost van der Waa

Ian,
I tried to understand (and reproduce) what you were doing, but in the video you entered "m" instead of "mm" in the first field of the second row. Could that be the reason for the system going crazy? It actually mentions that you are drawing outside the room in the status line, which makes sense when my assumption is correct...
Regards,
Joost

Ian

Yeah, an 'm' would really mess things up. I didn't spot that so thank you to all the eagle eyes out there.
I have done some more videos but Adam just reminded me that using the Parallel tool with an offset of '0' should put the line bang in the centre. That should make all of this 'cleverness' obsolete.

Back to the Drawing Board LOL