Topics

Crash, Segment Fault -- reproduceable

Jack Haverty.

I just ran into a situation where xtrkcad 5.2.1a, running on Ubuntu
20.04, crashes reproduceably with a segment fault doing something
involving angles.   It's easily reproduceable.  My xtc file is attached,
as well as a graphic showing the upper left part of the layout.

To create the crash, just open the xtc file, get the upper left area in
view, select the "Split Track" tool, and click on the track as indicated
in the graphic.   Instant crash, no error message, just segment fault.

Hope this helps find a bug.  This is on a machine I just built a few
weeks ago, so there may be something going on with the hardware or OS,
but I haven't seen any problems with any other app.

/Jack

Adam Richards

I’ll look - there is the chance that this has been fixed since 5.2.1a

Adam

Jack Haverty.

Cool, thanks.   I also filed it as a bug report on sourceforge.  /Jack

On 2/15/21 6:20 PM, Adam Richards wrote:
I’ll look - there is the chance that this has been fixed since 5.2.1a

Fix found and pushed.

The Cornu Split code was not properly processing Bezier segments.

Adam