Topics

Group command #Bug

Robert Scott

Having constructed a crossing, selected the (2) segments and filled in the worksheet that comes up when I select "Group", the program crashes when I select "OK."
I can take an existing crossing, "Ungroup" the segments, adjust the track angle, select the segments and attempt to "Group" them under a new name, with the same result.
No notice of any kind, just Boom.

Bob,
There has been some work on Group command by Dave since Beta 2 which surrounded additional non-track segments in the Group and their order relative to the tracks and the Path statements.  We just today merged that back into the main V5.2 branch.

I tested grouping two straight segments and that worked for me.  Were these segments more exotic?

Works for me as well
Can you make a recording so we can see what's going on?
- Start with a empty layout
- Select Macro|Record, you will prompted to supply a file name
- Repeat your steps
- Hit Stop on the record dialog
- Post the .xtr file

Thanks
Dave

Dave Bullis

Of course, you can't hit Stop because the program quit.
There should be somethings in the .xtr file anyways

Dave

Robert Scott

Negative. Two 3" segments at 90 degrees.

Have 5.2.0 Beta 2.1 with Windows 10.

The error always occurs when the segments being grouped are part of a layout, connected to other tracks. If I copy and paste the offending segments, the crash occurs when I click OK on the work sheet

I haven't figured out the pattern. the crash may or may not happen when grouping isolated segments. I will attach the layout, with the problem segments at 2' by 12'

On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 07:08:04 p.m. EDT, Adam Richards <adamjmrichards@...> wrote:

Bob,
There has been some work on Group command by Dave since Beta 2 which surrounded additional non-track segments in the Group and their order relative to the tracks and the Path statements.  We just today merged that back into the main V5.2 branch.

I tested grouping two straight segments and that worked for me.  Were these segments more exotic?

Just ran your example against the latest code level and all worked as expected.  We are nearing a

Adam