Topics

Hot Bar problem after adding a custom Structure #Parameter #V5dot2dot1

Russell Shilling

Version 5.2.0GA, Windows 10

When I add a new custom parameter file, the graphic is not displayed on the Hot Bar. The scroll arrows do not scroll right to the new item. If I resize the main window, the new item is visible and can be dragged onto the layout. The Hot Bar scrolling seems to also be reset by the resizing.
--
Russell Shilling
http://shilling-or.com

Adam Richards

There does seem to be some confusion about showing the presence of the last parameter if it goes over the "page" boundary. If there is free space available, it seems to show up in my tests.

Therefore another way to force the display might be to use Right-Click on the HotBar and select "Custom" - that will only show the custom entries and so unless you are unlucky as above, they will all show up.

I'll look into the root issue.

OK - a fix has been found. The issue was in displaying the button (the end of the list was being truncated one space too early) and in displaying the content (the presence of the fixed LHS Cornu element, if on, was not being accounted for).  Meanwhile,

  • Until you have more than a screenful of custom objects, Right-Click and "Custom Elements" will ensure they are shown.
  • Resize only works if you are making the screen wide enough to encompass all the elements in one go.
  • Alternatively, Preferences->ShowFlexTrackinToolBar to OFF might also be a useful bypass for now

Adam