Topics

How do you decrease the canvas size of an existing many layered XtrackCad file #HowTo

jamesoakes21

Version 5.1.2a on Mac10.13.6.
I am unable to decrease the canvas size of the files which I open. I designed an, as yet, unbuilt garden railway about 27 meters long.  The canvas extended well beyond my screen. Having tamed my ambitions I am now working on an indoor layout 6 meters by 4 meters. When I open an old file or start a new one the canvas size remains at 27 meters.  This is regardless of the size of the layout.
I have attempted to decrease the canvas size by dragging inwards the active corner on the canvas.  This works but when the file closes and then reopens the original 27 meter canvas size remains.  There seems to be no relationship between layout size and canvas size.
James.

Adam Richards

As you discovered the window size and layout size are independent.

Options->Layout contains the setting you need.

Adam

M. David Johnson

You might try Options|Layout and change the height and width dimensions on the form that pops up.

(I’m using 5.1.2a on Windows 10 Pro).

--

M. David Johnson

mdj@...