Topics

Installing 5.1.2a on Linux Mint 20

Bill Lugg

I had to do a fresh install of Linux Mint 20 (Ulyana) on my machine today and went to install 5.1.2a from the self extracting executable, but discovered I couldn't find the instructions that go with it.  Then I found the deb files that Mr. Heller has hosted for it, but quickly discovered a dependency issue that I need help with.  GDebi reports an unsatisifible dependency in libwebkitgtk-1.0.  I did a search for it and it's available through Ubuntu Bionic.  Ulyana is using Ubuntu Focal which is several versions newer.

I tried grabbing the library in question and attempted an install, but that just identified another dependency issue with another library.

So, is there a solution to this problem other than building from source?  if so, what is it?

Thanks for the help
Bill Lugg

Bill Lugg

A Google search revealed the instructions I was looking for at http://xtrkcad-fork.sourceforge.net/Wikka/InstallationInstructions. Following them I successfully installed XTrackCad and it runs fine.  I don't have a good explanation for the missing dependency for the deb file - that will be something someone else will need to attend to.

Bill Lugg