Topics

Join Line - feature request - already present #HowTo

Robert Scott

Good day,
In an effort to embed more of a feel for the end product in the drawing, I tried placing roadbed under the track and found the appearance much more realistic.
Could the roadbed outlines available in "print" be part of the display and colored in with the track "above" it??
Hopefully, "trackbed" could be toggled on and off, placed on a different layer and the color be selected.

Thanks,
Bob.

Dwyane Ward

Bob,

Suggest you go to the developer site https://sourceforge.net/projects/xtrkcad-fork/ and add a feature request ticket for this.
--
Dwyane Ward

scenicsRme

Would like to be able to join polylines. Both to just make 1 continuous line, and/or to be able to connect two or more polylines to form a fillable polygon. The complete polygon command just connects the end nodes of one polyline which isn't very useful. Also would like to be able to make parallel polylines (think: drawing a curved wall, road or curb.).

Dwyane Ward

Xtrkcad 5.2.1a GA release has parallel polyline command and join polyline command.

Hope this helps

Regards
--
Dwyane Ward

Adam Richards

The Join Line command joins lines, arcs, bezier and Polylines into a new Polyline. It is under the Join Track command.

The Parallel Line command produces a new polyline parallel to either lines or tracks at an offset. It is under the Parallel Track command.

in order to create a polygon (like a platform) that is offset from tracks, you can use Parallel Line repeatedly and join the resulting polyline(s) together with any closing line with Join Line and/or change the type in Describe into closed and fill with filled.

Adam

scenicsRme

Adam thank you. Re: line parallel to track. when I select the line parallel to track either from menu or task bar it will not allow me to select a track only a poly line to make parallel to? ver 5.2.1a under linux mint

On 3/20/21 11:02 AM, Adam Richards wrote:

The Join Line command joins lines, arcs, bezier and Polylines into a new Polyline. It is under the Join Track command.

The Parallel Line command produces a new polyline parallel to either lines or tracks at an offset. It is under the Parallel Track command.

in order to create a polygon (like a platform) that is offset from tracks, you can use Parallel Line repeatedly and join the resulting polyline(s) together with any closing line with Join Line and/or change the type in Describe into closed and fill with filled.

Adam

scenicsRme

found it, I forgot I had frozen that track layer. unfreezing it allowed me to select a track.