Topics

Modifying Objects #Bug

Robert Scott

When working with lines, circles and boxes, the "snap" works when drawing the object and moving it, but "snap" does not work when modifying the object. In earlier versions, it was possible to re-arrange lines, table edges and dimensions easily.

Bob,
I have restored SnapGrid (assuming it is on, of course) to Modify Draw lines unless any of the modifier keys (ctrl, alt shift) is held down.

Notes -

If Magnetic Snap is on as well as Snapgrid, it will override the grid snap point if another object is close enough.

As usual (+Alt) overrides MagneticSnap and because of the above in this case overrides GridSnap as well.

For Table Edges, +Ctrl snaps to the precise end of a nearby table edge.

For Modify other lines (than Table Edges), +Shift makes the line end move along the line, for Curves, it moves along the arc.

For Modify Polygons (Rectangles), the current behaviour is not to respect GridSnap or MagneticSnap.

For Modify Polygons/PolyLines (Freeform), the current behaviour is also not to respect either Snap, the thinking being that all moves would be relative to other nodes and edges. +Ctrl snaps the edge to a relative 90 degrees from the previous edge. There is also a 90 degree close angle anchor that shows when a point exists that would be 90 degrees away from the last and the initial sides (for closing with right angles).

Adam

Robert Scott

Thank you, sir

I hope you don't mind if I print this off.
LOL.