Topics

New param header field #Parameter

Dwyane Ward

What is the significant of the number after the Turnout definition header quoted string

TURNOUT N "test    test    123" 0

I am finding this in some of the parameter files.

Dwyane

Adam Richards

A set of "optional" option values to do with pathing that Dave has introduced, I believe.

HANDLAID 8

FLIPPED 16

UNGROUPED 32

SPLIT 64

HIDEDESC 128

OVERRIDE 256

NOCOMBINE 512

I added them to the Wiki for the Turnout Parm.  I'll let Dave describe what they mean.

Adam

Dwyane Ward

Thanks I'll check out the wiki
--
Dwyane Ward

Dave Bullis

I written new code that determines the Path elements automatically.
This brings together several place where we compute paths already.
We all know that if you have multiple pieces of code (and parameter designers) doing the same thing, eventually they will disagree.
So now there is one place for this.
It's not in the build yet.

OVERRIDE means the TURNOUT has Paths that the algorithm can't figure out.
There is a few cases in the current set of param files.
In these cases we'll accept what the param def'n say, until we're smarter about it.

One the features of the Paths element is to have several non-overlapping 'sub-paths' in a Path elements.
For example the straight paths on a double cross over, or a crossing.
In these cases the sub-paths are combined like
P "Normal" 1 2 0 3 4

However Turntables (and transfer tables) have nothing but non-overlapping 'sub-paths' so we'd end up with
P "Normal" 1 0 2 0 3 0 4 ... 0 30
This means there is no position indicator that you can click on to similuate rotating the Turntable.
Instead we want
P "P0" 1
P "P1" 2
P "P30" 30

Unfortunately it's not easy to tell the difference.
Hence the NOCOMBINE flag which says don't combine the sub-paths into 1 path.
A forth coming Turntable designer will set this flag for you.

Dwyane Ward

Thanks Dave
--
Dwyane Ward