Topics

New Select Modes Video #New

Adam Richards

Did a video on the ways Select command has changed in V5.2 to reduce the need to leave the layout window to select commands

  • Selection Modes
    • New one-at-a-time mode
    • +Ctrl to add items in Select
    • Click off all objects to perform Deselect All
  • Shift-Right-Click or Right-Click - Differing Context Menus when nothing selected and when over a selected object
  • Once selected -
    • The Modify "bulls-eye" cursor to prompt for Double-Click to Modify mode when over a selected, modify-able object
      • Ending the modify goes back to Select
    • +Shift "cross-arrows" cursor over selected objects for Click to Move
    • +Ctrl "rotate circle" cursor over selected objects for Click to Rotate
https://www.loom.com/share/7b7ae4ef88e748758a2cda8e3ae90756

Adam

Joost van der Waa

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the video.
I noticed that on your Mac the pointer is an arrow and changes depending on which object you are. Would like to see that in Windows too :-)
The current cross hair mouse cursor is not really my favorite, especially in dialogs it is looking pretty awkward...

Adam Richards

Yes - there is a missing, missing-cursor (i.e., CursorNone) in Windows I see :-).  I added the code, we will see if Martin can verify that fixes it.

It is supposed to be that over the Drawing Area the cursor will be the cross-hairs (or None when we have a programmatic cursor) and that off that, it would be the normal pointing "arrow".

Martin confirmed it worked.