Topics

Online translation system #translations

Martin Fischer

Hi,

after waiting for weblate for weeks and then spending hours to configure it I gave up with it.

Instead I went over to Transifex where everything went fast and smooth.

You can now check out the state of translations and add to it at:

https://www.transifex.com/xtrackcad/xtrackcad/dashboard/

Transifex does not support integration of Mercurial so I'll have to upload and download the finished files from time to time.

So if anybody is interested in helping with the translation work, take a look at let me know if you have any questions.

Regards
Martin

Jacques

Hello Martin,
I registered on "Transifex". But it's impossible to join the "French" team! It does not appear in the choice of languages offered, although it is in the list of project languages.
Help!
Jacques

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

--
Jacques

Adam Richards

Odd - I just asked to join the French team - and the language is listed as available.

Not listed is "la langue des Galloise" - aka Welsh - but maybe that can be adjusted.

Adam

Martin Fischer

Jacques,

now you should be a member of the French team. Your current role is translator.

I'm only starting to use Transifex myself. So some learning and experimentingis still necessary on my side.

Regards,
Martin

Am 28.08.2020 um 21:15 schrieb Jacques via groups.io:

Hello Martin,
I registered on "Transifex". But it's impossible to join the "French" team! It does not appear in the choice of languages offered, although it is in the list of project languages.
Help!
Jacques
Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

Martin Fischer

Adam,

I just created Welsh as an additional language. And added you as the translator.

This would also be an interesting experience for you: to see which problems programmers create for translators ;-)

Regards
Martin

Am 29.08.2020 um 01:01 schrieb Adam Richards:

Odd - I just asked to join the French team - and the language is listed as available.
Not listed is "la langue des Galloise" - aka Welsh - but maybe that can be adjusted.
Adam

Jacques

Martin,
Thanks, now transifex works with me too.
Compared to "Poedit", it lets some errors go through: for example, at ID 73, if you translate " FLEX" without putting a space before the word, Poedit displays an alert, transifex indicates "100% match" ...We will have to be very careful or find a method to solve this difficulty.
To make a quick test in situation, it is possible to import the .po file to compile it with poedit. I haven't seen an internal compiler ...
The big advantage of "transifex" is to be able to do a collaborative work ! It's very good.
... to be continued ...

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

Le 29/08/2020 à 08:04, Martin Fischer a écrit :

Jacques,

now you should be a member of the French team. Your current role is translator.

I'm only starting to use Transifex myself. So some learning and experimentingis still necessary on my side.

Regards,
Martin

Am 28.08.2020 um 21:15 schrieb Jacques via groups.io:
Hello Martin,
I registered on "Transifex". But it's impossible to join the "French" team! It does not appear in the choice of languages offered, although it is in the list of project languages.
Help!
Jacques

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

--
Jacques

Martin Fischer

Jacques,

And there are cases where Transifex shows warnings where poedit doesn‘t. Different number of brackets is one example.

You can download a po file directly from Transifex. You‘ll have to rename it but it worked for me.

Regards, Martin

Am 29.08.2020 um 11:04 schrieb Jacques via groups.io <j.glize@...>:

[...]

Edited

Martin,
I also translated into French the 5.2.0beta2.0 version of the help file "xtrkcad.chm" (see the web link below).

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fr-xtrckcad/files/Version%205.2.0/Help/Help-Windows/

https://xtrackcad.groups.io/g/main/files/Jacques%27s%20Files/xtrkcad.chm

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

Le 29/08/2020 ?? 11:16, Martin Fischer a ??crit??:

Jacques,??

And there are cases where Transifex shows warnings where poedit doesn???t. Different number of brackets is one example.??

You can download a po file directly from Transifex. You???ll have to rename it but it worked for me.??

Regards, Martin??

Am 29.08.2020 um 11:04 schrieb Jacques via groups.io <j.glize@...>:

???

Martin,
Thanks, now transifex works with me too.
Compared to "Poedit", it lets some errors go through: for example, at ID 73, if you translate " FLEX" without putting a space before the word, Poedit displays an alert, transifex indicates "100% match" ...We will have to be very careful or find a method to solve this difficulty.
To make a quick test in situation, it is possible to import the .po file to compile it with poedit. I haven't seen an internal compiler ...
The big advantage of "transifex" is to be able to do a collaborative work ! It's very good.
... to be continued ...

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

Le 29/08/2020 ?? 08:04, Martin Fischer a ??crit??:
[...]

BTW - We need to be especially careful with "FLEX" - because that is used in a special way as a part of the display of Tracks in the HotBar. There is a premium on shortness - which is why it doesn't say "Flexible Track".

For Welsh, at the moment, I have left it as FLEX - I have to work out what to do with "Hyblyg" how well it will fit - The alternative is "Fflecx" which doesn't help.

Adam

Jacques

Message received Adam,
Changes are made in the French file.

Jacques G.
France, Cugnaux 31270

Le 01/09/2020 à 16:05, Adam Richards a écrit :

BTW - We need to be especially careful with "FLEX" - because that is used in a special way as a part of the display of Tracks in the HotBar. There is a premium on shortness - which is why it doesn't say "Flexible Track".

For Welsh, at the moment, I have left it as FLEX - I have to work out what to do with "Hyblyg" how well it will fit - The alternative is "Fflecx" which doesn't help.

Jacques

Jane Sullivan

On 01/09/2020 15:05, Adam Richards wrote:
For Welsh, at the moment, I have left it as FLEX - I have to work out what to do with "Hyblyg" how well it will fit - The alternative is "Fflecx" which doesn't help.
Surely that should be "Fflecs"?

Best wishes
--
Jane Sullivan
Beckenham

Adam Richards

Probably, Jane.

My point was that the UI real estate is limited and the letters need to be legible when small in that special case.

However, the more important point is that assistance with the Welsh translation would be good. Anyone can join in for free at https://www.transifex.com/xtrackcad/

The entire 2800 messages now have my first pass Welsh translation.  Anyone with a more current knowledge of "the language of heaven" and who would like to help by reviewing/correcting errors on Transifex is more than welcome.

niknik99@...

Llongyfarchiadau gan Nick ym Mhwllgloyw.