Question about layout room walls #FAQ

Bill Lugg

Is it better to use Table Edge lines to lay out the walls of the layout room or simply straight lines?  I'm adding some space to my layout and discovered I used both on the original layout.

Thanks
Bill Lugg

Adam Richards

Bill,
Originally table edges were supposed to be the bounds of the bench work. They are always straight and they keep a constant width at all scales.

Now you can use lines of all types (straight, curved, bezier, polyline) and achieve the same scale independent drawing using negative widths - the width is the number of pixels.

I think it’s really your choice - both will work - but if you need curved edges that will only work with lines.

Adam

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 4:22 PM, Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Is it better to use Table Edge lines to lay out the walls of the layout
room or simply straight lines?  I'm adding some space to my layout and
discovered I used both on the original layout.

Thanks
Bill Lugg

Bill Lugg

Thanks.  I kind of realized I should be using lines anyway since I was drawing objects that didn't represent the table edges.  However your discussion helps illuminate the finer points of the situation.

Bill Lugg