Topics

V5.2 Beta 3.0 is available #beta

Adam Richards

Dave, Martin and I are pleased to announce the V5.2 Beta 3.0 is available on SourceForge -
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xtrkcad-fork/files/XTrackCad/Version%205.2.0%20Beta%203.0/

This level is (we hope) the pre-release Beta - and, as such, we will only be addressing serious bugs on it (not adding new features).

Included in it are many bug fixes reported on Beta 2.0 and a limited number of new functions.

Full details of changes for this Beta and its predecessors are contained in the Change Log -
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xtrkcad-fork/files/XTrackCad/Version%205.2.0%20Beta%203.0/CHANGELOG.md/download

Enjoy!

Adam

PS For our Mac-sters on Catalina, you may need to both right-click to Open the .dmg now as well as right-clicking and Open-ing the installed app (just for the first time).  Pre-Catalina, you will need to try opening once and then go to System Settings->Security and Privacy and click "Open Anyway".  Also, please remember to have an updated XQuartz after each OSX upgrade!

Adam Richards

Just to re-emphasize the PS ^^ ...

William Allen

Thank for your reply…I’ve tried that. there is no reference to XtrackCad in Security preferences. I have always wet that to be able to download everything.

I can’t understand why there is absolutely no response when OPEN is clicked!

any other possibility?

Thanks…Bill

On Oct 6, 2020, at 8:03 AM, Adam Richards <@tynewydd> wrote:

<Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 8.00.53 AM.png>

Bill,
On my Mojave, I noticed a recent security update meant that I had to use right-click on the app and click Open - just as I would have to on Catalina.

And yes, when you get in security jail, Apple's style is to not say anything.

Please note that the message and button in Security and Privacy that allows the "Open Anyway" is time limited to (I read) to 30 minutes or an hour. If you did not reply in that time, you will need to redownload the app and re-install it to retrigger it, I think.

-----

For High Sierra, see https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/open-an-app-from-an-unidentified-developer-mh40616/10.13/mac/10.13

For Mojave, see https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/open-a-mac-app-from-an-unidentified-developer-mh40616/10.14/mac/10.14

For Catalina, see https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/open-a-mac-app-from-an-unidentified-developer-mh40616/10.15/mac/10.15

Adam

Peter Borcherds

Bill, go to Finder, Applications, right-click on XTrackCad there and select Open.  It should ask you if you want to open it - what verson of the macOS do you have? I managed to open it find on macOS High Sierra as well as Catalina.
--

Peter Borcherds

BNSF Chicago Sub in N Scale
N Scale Commuter, Freight & Switching Layout

Website: https://www.chicagosubnscale.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-9Z-cHsMP5gw3ZXoOezLA
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chicagosubnscale

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chicagosubnscale/