xtrackcad manual #HowTo

twfavor@...

Hi, just downloaded xtrkcad to design a new HO layout but I cannot locate the  "How To' manual for the program. Can anyone help me out on this? Just joined the group, so I guess that makes me a Newbee who needs alot of help getting started with this cad program.

Adam Richards

Welcome aboard !!

Three sources -

- go through the Demos (under Help)
- the Help manual - (now also available for download as a .pdf) https://sourceforge.net/projects/xtrkcad-fork/files/XTrackCad/Version%205.2.1/XTrackCAD%20User_s%20Manual%205.2.1a.pdf/download and
- and there are also videos that some members have posted of getting started and HowTos - but be aware  they are not all up to date with the latest level. The major differences you will notice to videos of earlier levels is that the UI for drawing the layout is more interactive now.

Adam

dmf@...

Welcome aboard !!

Three sources -

- go through the Demos (under Help) the Help manual
- - (now also available for download as a .pdf)
- https://sourceforge.net/projects/xtrkcad-fork/files/XTrackCad/Version%
- 205.2.1/XTrackCAD%20User_s%20Manual%205.2.1a.pdf/download and (
- https://sourceforge.net/projects/xtrkcad-fork/files/XTrackCad/Version%
- 205.2.1/XTrackCAD%20User_s%20Manual%205.2.1a.pdf/download ) and there
- are also videos that some members have posted of getting started and
- HowTos - but be aware  they are not all up to date with the latest
- level. The major differences you will notice to videos of earlier
- levels is that the UI for drawing the layout is more interactive now.

Adam
There is also the xtrackcad wiki
http://xtrkcad-fork.sourceforge.net/Wikka/HomePage

DaveF

Ian

Welcome to the fun world of XTrkCAd. When you have looked at all those resources and still have questions, ask away in here. We've all been starting out at some point in time and you will find us very helpful in answering your questions.

Good luck with your new layout.