Topics

XtrkCAD 5.2 Beta #3: Couple of odd behaviours #Bug #beta

Ian

Thank you to the Team for doing all of this amazing work. Groups of Layers is so much fun. Well done. But, some problems showing up. The Current file is attached for those that want to check out what is going wrong.

1: I keep losing my mouse after doing a task such as a Delete or a Move or something like that. Suddenly there is no cursor. I can see the red bars on the X, Y scales moving. No cursor cross showing. "Esc" x 3 is what I do to get back control.

2. I selected all my Imported buildings, platforms and extraneous bits and added them to a Layer so that I could turn off the distractions all at once. Now they are locked in as one. If I go in to delete a piece, it selects Everything! Somehow the system has locked everything together on that Layer and I don't have individual pieces any more.

3. After doing 4 imports of XTI files I found that my Layer Name list was corrupted. Yep, for every one of the files Imported the name had been dropped into the Layer names list.

I am on a Windows 10 System.

--
-- Ian

Ian,

1. If you can be precise about the scenario where the cursor vanishes, we should be able to track it down. i.e., "First I do this and then this". Background - Users had complained that when moves and so on were being made, the system cursor and the xtrkcad anchor cursor clashed, obscuring one another and so we hid the system cursor when the others were being shown.  That of course means it has to be un-hidden again afterwards....  Pressing Esc works because the cursor is amongst the items reset.

2. A Layer that is set to be a module is a "all or nothing" proposition (a module is treated as a single unit). This was originally so that you could have a library of layout modules that could be selected, dragged and attached in different ways as many clubs do. In those cases, a module is a (potentially complex) singular unit. You can simply go to Manage->Layers and deselect the Module setting for that layer and all the parts will be separate again.

3. When you import an XTI you have two options to use "Import" or "Import Module" - if you do the latter a new Layer is added and named for the imported file and it has the Module box ticked. That is likely the source of #3 as well, I guess.

OK, thanks, Adam, I should mark this as Resolved. Well, at least the Layer problems.
You got it right, all of those items/lines were marked as if they were a module. Untick Module and they all resolved back to what I would have expected.

When the other problem with the cursor shows up again I will track what I was doing to cause the problem and let you know.

On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 at 19:01, Adam Richards <adamjmrichards@...> wrote:

[...]

3. When you import an XTI you have two options to use "Import" or "Import Module" - if you do the later a new Layer is added and named for the imported file and it has the Module box ticked. That is likely the source of #3 as well, I guess.

-- Ian